Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Red Hot Chair

 Once again, Craigslist and my wonderful friend Lee have pulled through.  Check out this old chair she found for FREE off of Craigslist.  I don't know how she finds so many awesome things for free!  Well Lee just had a baby, baby number 4.  So...the carved details were just too much for her to comprehend.  
She gave me the chair.  Thank you Lee!


I have had it for a few months, and last week I got sick of one of us always standing up to eat or trying to share a chair because we have 4 kitchen chairs and 5 family members.  I got the Valentines Itch, and decided on RED!  

Just some light sanding with HEAVY GRIT sand paper to rough the chair up.
A quick spray down (2 coats) with Rustoleum in Apple Red and Voila! 








I don't always spray paint, but this was fun and easy and I am so happy with the result!
Main thing, we all have a place to sit at dinner!  
My kids already named it the Birthday Chair!

Cheers, 



8 comments:

Carla L. said...

Oh. My. Goodness! This chair is so gorgeous! I love the color with the rest of the kitchen. And since it's RED, wouldn't it look good in MY kitchen too?!?!?!!!!

emilysnan said...

hiya pepper , wow that chair is just fab , i love it if only you had a matching one for the other end your whole table and chairs set up is fab x tfs
happy craigslist scoring !
xmaggiex

Amanda Fetters said...

*such* a rockin dining room - love love love the AMH chairs too.

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

Oh my gosh I absolutely adore this. Wow, seriously!! Pinning this for future reference!

Aby said...

Love the chair, and the table! I just landed on your blog from pinterest. Do you have any info on your table? I love the color!
Thanks!
Aby

Pepper said...

@Aby: Thanks for asking! You can read the post on my Table and chairs here: http://thesassypepper.blogspot.com/2011/09/from-sorta-scary-to-super-cute.html

See Cait Knit said...

I love the red! I'm always a fan of a punch of color

Alisha @ SnugasaBugBaby.com said...

Wow, LOVE the pop of red at that table!!