Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tween Room Redo with Stenciled Headboard



Who has a tween daughter?  Mine just magically became one overnight.  I am not sure if you remember her last bedroom redo...it was all about bright colors, flowers, and birds.  

With the tween years upon us, she just wants to feel like a big kid now.  

To distract from the emotional, dramatic, sassy-ness of it all...I decided to throw in a new room design to make her feel more grown up.   After all...feeling more grown up makes you act more grown up right?  {right.}

Before...a little unorganized with potential...
The bed was in the middle of the room which was symmetrical,
but took up a little too much space.

Now!  Grown up with some flair!
She chose the turquoise and yellow combo herself, and I was so happy!
They are two of my favorite three colors. :)

We also moved her bed to the wall adjacent to the cute windows.  It opened up more space on the opposite wall for storage and a homework station.


She now has her own little accessory station right next to her closet.
She can get dressed and then accessorize and check in the mirror just to make sure she likes it!



My favorite part, the headboard!  
Found on Craigslist as an old 1950's piece,
and redone with stenciling!  The picture below was during the sanding process...

Now a creamy white and yellow make it a whimsical girly piece!



I think overall it was a success!  We accomplished organizing ALL of her books and clothes
and kept it cute at the same time!

Look soon for a stenciling how-to!

Cheers,



4 comments:

Jessie K said...

It is so cute! I love everything about it! But I especially love that daisy art. Did you do that or can I buy it somewhere... Or something?!?

Jessie K said...

It is so cute! I love everything about it! But I especially love that daisy art. Did you do that or can I buy it somewhere... Or something?!?

Carla L. said...

oh my gosh!! You are so amazingly talented! Kadie must love this room already.

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...


I would like to invite you to join me at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week! http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-10.html

I hope you can make it!
Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick