Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Introducing Sassy...

Have you ever had a friend who is fashionable, extremely fun to be around, and to top it off won't tell anyone your secrets? Let me introduce you to my friend Sassy...

I feel like I have known her longer than life itself, and she keeps me on my creative toes. We compliment each other in our abilities, and her name says it all!

I am so excited that she is joining my crafting venture, and I know you will benefit from her ideas.

Take it away Sassy...

Yeah, that's right. We just switched it up in a post! We are so cool like that. Or at least Pepper is.

So yep, I'm Sassy. Hi! I'm a recovering Diet Coke drinker and mother of one. It has been 14 days and 3 hours since my last Coke.

Seriously, though, I am so excited to be part of this blog! I'm semi-new to the crafting world, can't work a sewing machine, but I'm completely obsessed with the many uses of Mod Podge. Don't be surprised if you see a lot of it in my posts.

In fact, let's start with THIS!


This is such a simple and fun project. I mean, I did it. In about 2 hours. All by myself. With a one-year-old running around in the background, poking all my canvases--and just look how cute it is!

Materials used: Nine 12"x12" canvases, nine pieces of fun 12"x12" scrapbook paper (trimmed just a tad), a paint color to compliment your papers (to paint sides of canvas), small sponge paint brush and a big ol' bottle of Mod Podge!

Tutorial to follow soon. Thanks so much to Pepper for bringing me on! She has inspired the craftiness in me and always makes me wish I had more mad skillz. I'm looking forward to contributing more to this fab blog!

Peace out, home slices.

5 comments:

Darla said...

You two are tooooo fun! This is great. I love it. Keep up the great work. I want to try it all.

Anonymous said...

so cute. i want to make this :) I need some art for my walls :) hehe
ok so how do i keep the paper on the canvas? does the paint make it stick? im stupid sorry. haha
love u girls. xoxoxo
leisa u r my hero :) I mean it xo
winter

Jennifer said...

LOVE IT!!!! Great blog!

Anonymous said...

DIET. COKE. Enough said...Leisa if you are reading this, I think you'll understand...

Oh yeah, Spencer drinks about a case a week....now...

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I would love to see a tutorial on this. I don't think I passed it up, did I? Let me know if I'm blind. Thanks for sharing a fun idea. alysawhitlock@yahoo.com