Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mother's Day Cards!

Sometimes the best gift is something you say...

Tell them how much they mean to you, what you are thankful for from them...all that jazz.
My favorite gifts from my kids are always things made by them! I will still love things made by my children when they are adults. Unless it is a picture frame with pieces of macaroni from a 30 year old. That is something that is only cute from a 5 year old. You get my drift though right? Once she is 30, maybe she will be crafting her life away like her mama and giving me something super cute like these below from Two Dogs Wood Working!

Double opening 5x7 Memory Keeper Sonoita Blue white trim photo picture frame


Anyway, on to the point of this blog post! If you are too afraid of making something really extravagant, or just don't have the time, give a home-made card along with your gift. Remember the heart cut-out cards that we made in February? Use my tutorial to make some adorable Mother's Day cards like these below!

Simple Butterfly 3D Set - Cut Out Card - Eco-Friendly, Recycled Greeting Card with Envelope

Butterfly Mother's Day card

These adorable ideas came from the Ruby Wren designs and Basil and Betty shops from ETSY. If you don't already know about that ETSY, you are missing out. It is an entire WORLD of handcrafted goods. You can find some much needed inspiration. Or maybe you are just looking for the perfect unique gift for that special someone - which is perfect for Mothers Day because our mother's are pretty darn special if I do say so myself.

Have fun last minute crafting (or shopping),

Cheers,



No comments: