Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Craigslist Dresser Update

My husband and I have been slowly getting our older daughter's room furnished. First, we built the bed. Yep.We built it. Mostly he built it, but I drilled almost all of the pocket holes (of which there were PLENTY, believe you me) and helped with touch-up paint. I would have done more if I hadn't been 8 months pregnant at the time, but you know...

Anyway, when the bed was almost finished, I started looking for a dresser on Craigslist. I found one for a great price, but it needed some work. It was ugly and dirty and a little beat up:


We sanded it down and painted it (including the "natural wood" top) with the leftover paint from the bed project. Then added these crazy cute pink knobs and voila!


To be honest, I found the knobs before I ever found a dresser to put them on. Sometimes that's just how it goes. Just look at them! Would you have passed them up at that price?

Pepper has been insisting that I do a post about the bed. I'd have done it by now if we hadn't made a polyurethane error and turned the white stairs (yes, stairs) yellow! Once we find the time to fix that little issue I will finally post the bed. That will feel good. :)

Man, I wish I was my kid. She has the coolest room ever!

Feeling a little more accomplished,


3 comments:

Whittron said...

very cute! I can't wait to see the bed!!!!!

Leisa Waldron said...

So cute and girly! :)

Laney, Nicholas said...

those little knobs are PERFECTION! I love this dresser and now I want one...