A close friend of mine was just visiting from Southern California. She is a photographer and suggested we take some family pictures while she was here! How could I pass that up? She is very talented, and we hadn't had family pictures since my little man was 6 months old.
After our family photo shoot, I realized how many things there were that I would like to remember the next time around. Since I am pretty sure that I like you all...I thought I would share!
Here are a few Don'ts...
1. IF YOU HAVE GIRLS...Don't forget shorts or leggings if they wear dresses. Telling your daughter to pull her dress down just doesn't make the picture look as cute.
2. Don't give your two-year-old an entire case of orange Tic-Tacs and expect him to stay calm.
3. Don't take the Tic-Tacs away...
4. Don't loose your cool, it just makes for more tears.
5. DON'T be surprised when all of the reverse psychology you have used in the past backfires.
Ordering them to smile, might make them frown...
And frown some more...
6. Don't use phrases like "princess smile" if you have a class clown like my middle child. :)
I still love this picture though, it is so "her".
Now for the Do's!!!
1. DO bring a cute chair or any cute something to sit on!
2. DO let your kids have a little bit of fun!
3. DO let your kids pose. They might be good at it, or at the very least...
it will make you smile.
5. DO let your husband live out his Cowboy fantasy just once, because...
well isn't it a fantasy of yours too?
6. DO act like newlyweds...
There is no harm in a few kisses.
7. Do show off your favorites!
I am already working on our Christmas Card.
Thank you Winter!
Do any of you live in Southern California?
You might want to book your own photo shoot with Winter Collins.