This is my own freshly contrived recipe. I promise it will knock the socks off your BBQ/baby shower guests this summer (and forever, because you're going to love it).
- 3 cups packed fresh basil sprigs
- 2 cups packed fresh mint leaves
- 5 cups water
- 2.5 cups sugar
- 12 large (4"x1") strips of lemon zest, or the equivalent if you have smaller lemons
Basil Mint Lemonade
- 2 cups basil mint lemon syrup
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 1/4 cups fresh lemon juice
Stir all ingredients together until mixed. Serve over ice in tall glasses and garnish with fresh basil, mint leaves, lemon zest strips, or lemon slices. Makes one tall pitcher of lemonade.
*One batch of Basil Mint Lemon Syrup will make three large pitchers of Basil Mint Lemonade!
There is nothing more refreshing than fresh squeezed lemonade on a toasty hot day. Yum! Whip some up and let The Sassy Pepper know what you think. I predict you will love it.